This policy was last updated 29/07/16
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will keep the personal information you entrust to us safe and secure. We will not share your personal information with other people or businesses without your prior consent. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and will comply with the Act and related legislation.
From time to time, you may be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services may include newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, mobile services and website membership.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us and our service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information we will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect personal information on our site visitors and clients in various ways, including: newsletter subscriptions; orders for products and/or services by telephone, post, the Internet or email; offers; competition entry forms; or feedback, research or request forms.
From time to time, we may use your personal details for these main purposes:
- to meet orders or requests for services or information; to process payments; and to keep our records up-to-date;
- to tell you by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products and/or services that you may be interested in;
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out our work on our behalf;
- where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners.
HOW WE APPLY OUR POLICY
In order to put our policy into practice, we use our best endeavours to follow seven guidelines:
- We will ensure our systems are secure to protect your personal information from misuse;
- We will respect your privacy in the way that we contact you, whether by post, telephone, email or text message;
- We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary;
- We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other people or businesses unless we have your consent. With your consent, we will only share your information with carefully chosen, reputable and trustworthy third parties.
- We will comply promptly with any instructions from you to update your information or requests from you to see the information that we hold on you;
- We will comply with lawful requests to disclose personal information to certain authorities (e.g. the police);
- We may monitor and record any telephone calls to ensure we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service.
If you are aged 18 and under, you must have your parent's or guardian's permission before you provide personal information to us. We do not wish to collect any personal information without this permission.
During the course of your visit to our Website, your computer may be issued with cookies. Cookies are text files which identify your computer to a server. Cookies do not in themselves identify you as an individual, just the computer you are using. We do not collect or store any personally identifiable information using the cookie.
Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
Cookies have a number of uses. For example, cookies are part of the mechanism that allows you to log in and out of our Website rather than having to enter your password repeatedly during a session. They can also be used to estimate the number of users to our Website. Cookies may also be used for other purposes, such as to maintain the security of the Website and provide information on what administrative support the Website may require.
The cookies used on http://kerv.com fall into two categories which are detailed below:
Functional: These cookies are used to enable core website functionality and do not contain any personal information.
- cnotice - stores your cookie preference
Analytics: These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can monitor and improve the performance of our Website.
- __utma - part of Google Analytics package monitoring website usage
- __utmb - part of Google Analytics package monitoring website usage
- __utmc - part of Google Analytics package monitoring website usage
- __utmz - part of Google Analytics package monitoring website usage
If you wish, you can prevent acceptance of cookies by your Internet browser, although this will impair your use of our site. You can change the preferences or settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from the primary site, but block them from third parties. In others, you can block cookies from specific advertisers, or clear out all cookies.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Help: http://support.microsoft.com/?ln=en-gb
- How to manage Cookies in IE 9: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9
- Help: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/home?as=u
- Cookies: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies?s=manage+cookies&r=0&e=es&as=s
Our analytics partner also provides the ability for users to opt-out using the following links:
Further information on cookies is available online at: www.aboutcookies.org
We will not sell or distribute cookie information without your prior consent.
ACCURACY AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can always change the personal information that we hold and it is free to do so. If you wish to change any details then please write to us at the address below.
You can request a copy of the personal information that we may hold by writing to us at the address below. Under the Data Protection Act, we may ask you to pay a £10 administration charge for this request.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We may change this policy to keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice.
Further information about data protection is available online at the Information Commissioner's website: www.dataprotection.gov.uk
If you wish to contact us about this policy, please write to:
Data Protection Officer
Kerv Wearables Ltd
78 York Street